Friday, December 3, 2010

ghana.artblock.


acrylic and mixed media 10X10

**..update..** i just found some pictures i took of the development of my art block submission. unlike many of my paintings, this one actually went through a lot of different stages. i attribute this to not having a clear plan for the image before i set out to create it. in any case, thanks for stoppin by.. and do let me know what you think!

this piece was done for a very cool and worthy charity coming up this march. ‘Art blocks for Ghana’ is an art auction created by the top artists in the animation and illustration community to help build a children's home in Ghana. teaming non-profit organizations include the Hopkins Foundation and Picture Book Project Foundation. the effort was conceived and organized by fellow artists and friends’ Margaret Wuller and Rachel Tiep-Daniels, for whom i could not have more respect.

well, there are some beautiful pieces up for the taking, so be sure to check out the art blocks blog under the cut and read up on the effort. i hope to see you all at the auction in march!

http://artblocksghana.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

Jelter said...

Thats super cool. I really like the patterns and brush strokes on everything.

Momo Luna said...

Great painting!! I also love your header a lot. :-)
Have a nice weekend...

Art of Joshua De Leon said...

Amazing!!!

Gyimah said...

Haha this is great, I was born and raised in Ghana -this is beautiful

Jason Norton said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love the right heavy composition it adds to the emotion and the colors oooo wee there nice!

LECH said...

Great stuff i want it!

Dustin d'Arnault said...

dude your personal work kicks ass! Always inspirational.

Diantres said...

very good!!
cheers from Chile~

Saigonradio said...

I am buying this guaranteed!

Peter said...

I see a Klimt influence on this one.

Jason Scheier said...

nice one bud!

Artsy Fartsy said...

love it!

Lina said...

Let's go seeing my nem blog! Everything about make up and what ever, fashion, new collections by MAC, my favourite marc. Kisses and Hugs, love ya! http://makeup-lina.blogspot.com/

Pete Oswald said...

wow

evaisis said...

very beautiful

Griselda Sastrawinata said...

Beautiful painting

Patchanka said...

love love love !

Isaac Davis said...

dude this is hella sweet. I went to check the link, but it didnt work for me. Always a pleasure checkin out your work

AisforRandom said...

The top picture scares me a little, but I like it. There's something supernatural about it. If you get a chance, please visit my blog at AisforRandom.blogspot.com

i'm not a crook said...

the first picture is dead on man, good looks.

Mark said...

Amazing Style.. Thanks for the Inspiration..

free bitch said...

i wish i had this in my homeo n my wall.